Приветствуем Вас Гость Регистрация | Вход

Пользуйтесь ТРАНСЛИТОМ - пожалейте глаза форумчан!

Понедельник
20 Мая 2024
11:27

Баннер
[ Новые сообщенияУчастникиПравила форумаПоискRSS ]
КАК ПОЛУЧИТЬ 21 999 ПОСЕТИТЕЛЕЙ В ДЕНЬ НА СВОЙ САЙТ?
Грядущие события
  • Страница 1 из 1
Модератор форума: serge, guzgiz3, katie, Mastool  
Мир Востока ~Al Hayat~ الحياة » Языки » ~ Английский язык (English) ~ » Сленг - slang (Интересно почитать))))
Сленг - slang
esmergulDate: Воскресенье, 31 Августа 2008, 22:26 | Message # 1
içlilik
Рег.: 25 Июля 2008
Из:
Награды: 0
Замечания: 80%
Статус: Offline
Сленг ( slang ) на букву А

абитура - college freshmen, frosh

Але, гараж! - (lit. ’Hello, citizen!’) an ironical address or hail

алкаш - a drunk, an alcoholic, an alky D

амбал - a big, strong, stout man.

аська - ICQ

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Б

бабки -(lit. ’the little cakes’) ’the dough’, a necessary monetary amount

бабник - a womanizer, a philanderer, a ’pimp’ (not the real meaning of pimp, but how it’s used in slang)

базар - (lit. ’bazaar’) a bullshit session, chitchat

бардак - (lit. whorehouse) a big mess, a shambles, disorder; ’hell has broken loose’ or ’the shit hit the fan’ X

без базара - (lit. without the chitchat) ’no problem’

Блин! - (lit. pancake) Shoot! Darn! Fudge! a G-ratedinterjection

блядь - bitch, whore, bastard X

Бляха-муха! - (lit. ’buckle-fly) Gosh! Gee-whiz! a G-rated interjection expressing suprise or amazement

болван - a dummy, a blockhead

братан - man, bro, dude, ese, bra, etc. a form of address expressing solidarity

бухать - (lit. to bang, to thunder) to hit the bottle

Сленг ( slang ) на букву В

в заднице - (lit. in a butt) in a sticky situation, in a difficult situation, up shit creek

в натуре - (lit. in nature) actually, for real

вали отсюда - (lit. ’fall out of here’, more or less) Fuck off! Piss off! X

Вася Пупкин - John Doe, an ’average Joe’

Все ништяк!, Все пучком, все тип-топ! - Everything’s allright, It’s all good; the last one is an obvious borrowing from English

втюрится - to fall in love

въезжать - (lit. to enter by vehicle) to dig, to understand. ty vyezzháesh’? ’can ya dig it?’

врубиться - (lit. to be cut down) to zonk out, to fall asleep, to become unconscious

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Г

геморрой - (lit. hemorrhoids) a pig problem

глюк - a bug, a glitch

говно - shit, literally, like in the ’I’ve got shit on my shoe’ sense X

говнюк - (lit. ’shit-man’ more or less, I think) a bastard X

голубой - (lit. light blue) gay (male)

Гони бабки! - Give me the dough! / the money!

гудеть - (lit. to hoot, to throb) to ’whoop it up’, to ’kick it,’ to enjoy oneself

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Д

Да ну! - You don’t say! Well I’ll be! (’nu’ is very idiomatic and doesn’t really translate literally)

Давай оторвемся! - (lit. ’let’s break away’) ’let’s live it up,’ ’let’s paint the town red’

девушка по вызову - a call girl, a phone-in prostitute

Дело дрянь! - (lit. ’the matter’s trash’) ’this don’t look so good,’ ’things are looking bad’

дерганый - antsy, jumpy

дерьмо - shit, but moreso in the ’oh shit!’ and ’don’t give me that shit’ sense X

детка - baby, as in the tender or ironical form of address to a woman

дешовка - ’el cheapo,’ a low price, a bargain, a steal

Достал(а)! (lit. took, got it) You got me up to here! I’m very annoyed with you!

дура (ф.), дурак (м.) - a fool, a moron, an idiot

дурака валять - (lit. to shape the fool) to play the fool, to mess around, to goof off

дурдом - (lit. fool-house) the looney bin, the funny farm

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Ж

жмот - a skinflint, a miser

жмурик - (lit. a squinter, more or less) a stiff, a corpse

жопа - ass(hole) literally, a fiasco, or an asshole as in ’he’s an asshole’ X

жрать - to devour, to gorge, to wolf down

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Сленг З

За базар ответишь - (lit. you’ll answer for the loose words) `you’ll be held accountable for what you said.

забить стрелки - (lit. to hit the needle/switch) to make a date/meeting on time, to be ’on the dot’

задница - (lit. butt, backside) a bad person, a jerk

Заколебал(ла) - like dostal, this means ’you’ve annoyed me.’

зануда - a killjoy, a party poper, a bore

Заткнись! - ’shut up,!’ ’shut it!’

звезда - a star, meaning a celebrity. It’s also commonly used sarcastically for someone who thinks or acts likethey’re outstanding but aren’t; someone who thinks their shit doesn’t stink.

зелень - (lit. greens, green) green bucks, greenbacks, the US Dollar.

Сленг ( slang ) на букву И

инет - short for Internét, which is self-explanatory

исходить слухами - (lit. ’to emanate with spit,’ more or less) to envy, to be eager

Исчезни! - (lit. Disappear!) Get lost! Go away!

Сленг ( slang ) на букву К

кайф - a high, a kick, a buzz, a feeling of euphoria

какать - to poo-poo, this is used in children’s speech

какашка - a turd, a bad person

Какая зануда! - -- What a bore!

Какого черта! - (lit. what a devil!) What the hell!kalanchá -- (lit. watchtower) a somewhat archaic slang for a tallgirl or boy, a beanpole

капуста - (lit. cabbage) money, cash, cash money

катит - (lit. ’It rolls’) ’That’ll do,’ ’That’s cool,’ ’It suits’

качок - (lit. jock-strap) a jock, and athlete

Клава - short for klaviatúra, a keyboard

классный - (lit. classy) cool, nice, kickin’, as an adjective especially when describing people

клево - cool, as a stand-alone word

клевый - cool, hot, wicked, gnarly, bitchin, etc.

клевый мужик - a cool cat

клеиться - (lit. to stick, to come together) to try to get acquainted

козел - (lit. billy goat) a loser, a worthless human being, from the phrase ot negó kak ot kozlá moloká, ’from himis like milk from a billy goat,’ meaning the guy’s as useless as tits on a bull D

колотун - (lit. from kolot’, to chop, to crack and various perfectives, meaning to prick, to stab, etc.) a sharp frost

колоться - (lit. ’to be cracked’) to get a fix, to be on drugs, to be tripping

колымага - a heap, a jalopy, an old vehicle (doesn’t necessarily have to be a car)

комп - short for komp’juter.

кончай базар - (lit. ’End the chitchat’) ’Quit yer yappin’,’ ’Stop talking’

кроме шуток - (lit. ’except for jokes,’ more or less) ’no kidding’

крошка - (lit. crumb) baby, little one, a tender or ironic address to a female

круто - (lit. steep, sharp) this is the most common word for cool, awesome, kickass, etc.

крутой - the adjectival form of the previous word, pretty much equivalent to ’cool’ in English. Interestingly, not solong ago, the word ’sharp’ could be used in English to express pretty much the same thing as ’cool.’ The the lieral meaning of krutóy is ’sharp.’

крутой парень - (lit. ’sharp fellow’) either means ’cool guy’ or ’tough guy’

крыша - (lit. roof) can mean head or patron (as of an organization), but commonly refers to ’protection’ by organized crime.

крыша поехала - (lit. the roof is gone) ’blown one’s roof,’ ’gone crazy’

Куда намылился? - (lit. where were you soaping up to go?) ’Where do you think you’re going?’

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Л

липа - (lit. lime, lime tree) a fake, an imitation, a forgery, a phony

липовый - (lit. lime, lime blossom) adjectival fake, imitation, phony, fugazi

лох - a sucker, a klutz

любопытная Варвара - (lit. curious Barbara), a nosy person, a curious George

лясы точить - (lit. to sharpen (if anyone knows the literal meaning of ljasy, I’d appreciate if you could help me) tochew the fat

Сленг ( slang ) на букву М

мать - (lit. mother) ironical form of address to a woman, like in English we say ’one hot mama’ or the Spanish mamacita

мачо - macho, that’s one Spanish word that made it all the way into Russian

между нами, девочками! - (lit. between us, girls) frankly speaking, between you and me

мент - cop, but not as acceptable of a term as in English, a bit more insulting ... kind of like ’the fuzz’, I guess. D

ментовка - aa police station, ’cop-shop,’ ’fuzz station’

Меня надули! - (lit. ’you conned me,’ ’you filled me with air’) You got me! You took me for a sucker!, used when you’ve been lied to or had a joke played on you.

Мне в лом! - (lit. ’to scrap metal for me,’ but that’s iffy...this is highly idiomatic) ’I’m too lazy (to do something)’

Мне до лампочки - (lit. ’to me it’s up to the lightbulb,’ I think. Once again, highly idiomatic) ’I don’t care,’ ’whatever’

Мне насрать, что ты думаешь! - ’I don’t give a shit what you think,’’I don’t care what you think’ D

Мне по барабану! - (lit. ’to me it’s by drum,’ more or less) -- ’I don’t care,’ ’whatever’

Мне по фигу! - (lit. ’to me it’s by fig’... ?) ’It’s all the same to me,’ ’I don’t care,’ ’It’s all good’

мобила - cell phone (also mobílnik

мыло - (lit. soap, used because of phonetic similarities to English ’mail’) e-mail program or message

мымра - a bitch, an unpleasant woman

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Н

на своих двоих - (lit. on your own two) on foot, on your own two feet

навеселе - (lit. in the cheer) tipsy, buzzing, a bit drunk

наезжать (на кого-либо) - (lit. to break into someone) to express dissatisfaction, to blame, to point the finger

нарядный - fancy, well-dressed, rich

на ушах - (lit. on one’s ears) tipsy, buzzing, a bit drunk

Не бери в голову! - (lit. ’don’t take it to your head’) ’take it easy,’ ’don’t let it get to you’

Не гони пургу! - (lit. ’don’t chase away the snowstorm’) ’don’t tell lies,’ ’be honest’

Не грузись - (lit. don’t load youself up) ’Don’t worry,’ ’Don’t take it so seriously’

Не свисти - (lit. don’t whistle) ’Don’t lie,’ ’Be honest’

Ни фига себе - (lit. ’not a fig to itself’ ?) Golly! Gosh! Jeez!, expression of suprise

ни хрена - (lit. ’not a horseradish’) nothing, nothing of the kind, no

нулевой - (lit. from zero, more or less) brand spanking new, mint condition

Сленг ( slang ) на букву О

Обалдеть! - (lit. to go crazy) Wow! Golly! Gosh! Jeez!, expression of suprise

облом - (lit. broken-off piece) failure of plans and hopes

огрызаться - (lit. to snap) to talk back, to sass, to snap back

ой! - ouch!, also a conversational particle used mainly by women equivalent to ’sheesh’ or a sigh

остаться с носом - (lit. to leave with the nose) to be left with nothing

остынь! - (lit. to cool down) ’chill out,’ ’calm down’

отвали - (lit. push aside) ’leave me alone,’ ’piss off’

отрываться - (lit. to break away, to tear away) -- to have a wild time, to party hard

отстой - (lit. sediment) something worthless or disgraceful, rubbish, trash, junk (in the figurative sense)

Сленг ( slang ) на букву П

педик - a gay guy, a homo (not quite as derogatory as fag, I don’t think , if it’s necessarily derogatory at all)

пердеть - to fart

пердун - a fart

переводить стрелки - (lit. to transfer the switch/needle) ’to pass the buck,’ to put the blame on someone else

перцы - (lit. peppers) cool guys, ’the guys,’ ’the boys’

пивасик - beer, from pivo, beer. So I guess this is kind of like saying ’bizeer’ or something to that effect

пилить - (lit. to saw) to nag, to lecture, to run someone down

пить запоем - to drink heavily, to drink like a fish. Interestingly, you can use this zapoem after other verbs, to get that ’-aholic’ effect, so that on rabótaet zapóem is ’he’s works a hell of a lot,’ ’he’s a workaholic’

под кайфом - (lit. ’under a high/buzz’) high, stoned

Поехали! - Let’s go! Kick it into gear!(like the Spanish vámonos!)

пойло - -- booze

по любому - (lit. ’by whatever’) ’at any rate,’ ’anyways’

пороть чушь - (lit. ’to pick apart the garbage’) to get a scew loose, to talk nonsense

потрясный - stunning, striking, smashing, excellent

Пошел ты! - (lit. ’you go away!’) ’Fuck off!’ ’Bugger off!’ ’Piss off!’ X

предки - (lit. ancestors) parents, old man and old lady, folks

придурок - a nitwit, a numbskull, a silly foolish person

прикид - an outfit, a getup

Прикинь! - (lit. ’work it out!’) ’Just imagine...’

прикол - (lit. a moor, a mooring) a joke or funny situation, ’funny stuff’

прикольно - jokingly, comically, funnily

приятель - buddy, dude, friend (in Czech this word is the regular word for friend, pøítel)

профукать - to lose, to be ’down the drain/down the toilet’

пшик - a psycho, a kook, a nutso, used slangily as in English when someone is being really weird, but not necessarily a sociopath

пьян в стельку - (drunk down to the sole) dead drunk, destroyed, obliterated, shitfaced, plastered, wasted, etc. etc. etc.

пялится (на кого-то, на что-то) - to gawk (at someone or something)

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Р

расклад - state of affairs, situation

расколотся - (lit. to split open) to spill one’s guts, to tell the truth

раскусить - (lit. to bite into) to suss out, to tell someone’s secret

Расскажи это кому -нибудь другому! - ’Tell it to someone else,’ ’Tell it to someone who cares’

расфуфыренный - all dolled up, festively dressed

рожа - a mug (as in a face)

рубить капусту - (lit. ’to chop the cabbage’) to make a quick buck

Сленг ( slang ) на букву С

с приветом - (lit. ’with regards’) having or showing a weak mind

сволочь - a bastard, a dick, a douche D

сидеть на игле - (lit. ’to be sitting on the needle’) to be on the needle, on the horse, on drugs

скорефанится - to make friends

Следи за базаром ! - (lit. ’watch after the chitchat’) -- ’Watch your tongue!’

смытся - (lit. to wash off) to slip away, to slip through one’s fingers

сортир - the shithouse, the shitter, the john, the toilet, the crapper

старый пердун - old fart, geezer

ствол - (lit. a gun barrel, a tree trunk) a weapon, an arm, a piece

строить глазки - to make eyes at someone, to flirt with the eyes

сука - a classic four-letter word, it means bitch, bastard, etc. X

сыграть в ящик - (lit. to play the box/trash bin) to kick the bucket, to snuff it, to die

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Т

тачка - (lit. wheelbarrow) a car, a ride

Твою мать! - (lit. ’Your mom!’) Goddammit! Sonofabitch! (not quite as bad as ’fucking shit!’) X

телик - the idiot box, the boob tube

телка - a heifer, a fat chick D

тормоз - (lit. brake, obstacle) a dummy, someone who’s ’a bit slow’

торчать - (lit. to stick up, to stick out) to get delighted, to enjoy something greatly, to turn on (non-sexual)

травка - (lit. diminutive of ’grass,’ travá) grass, weed, pot, marijuana

трахаться - (lit. to bang on something) to bang, to fuck, to nail, to do someone X

трепло - (I think it’s from trepát’, to blow about, but I’m not sure) a bigmouth, a blabbermouth

тусовка, туса - a hangout, a party, a place where young people gather

туфта - nonsense, trifle

Ты меня достал! - ’You got me up to here! (most literal)’ ’I’m sick and tired to you’

тбряга - to clink, the slammer, jail, prison (tjur’má is the real word fro prison)

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Ф

фига с два - (lit. ’of a fig with two,’ more or less...highly idiomatic) ’Nothing of the kind!’

фигня - (the word is from fíga, fig) -- nonsense, bullshit

фингал - a shiner, a black eye

фишка - (lit. a chip) exclusive information, the scoop

фонарь - (lit. a lamp, a torch) a shiner, a black eye

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Х

хавать - to have a meal, to eat, to grab some grub

хавчик - grub, chow, food

халтура, халтурка - work on the side, moonlighting

халява - a freebie, something free of charge

красавчик - a freeloader, a mooch

хрен - (lit. horseradish) a dick, a crank, a schlong. This word is used in place of the more obscene khuy, cock X

хреново - (lit. horseradishly) crappily, lousily, suckily, not well, badly

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Ч

чайник - (lit. tea kettle, teapot) a newbie, a beginner, green

черт возьми - (lit. ’Devil take (me)’) ’Dammit!’ ’Oh shit! ’Jesus H Christ!,’ expressing anger or annoyance

Черт побери - same as above

Черт! - (lit. Devil!) Damn! Hell!, expressing anger or annoyance

чертов - (lit. ’of devils’) goddamn, fucking, cursed, bloody, as an adjective

четкий - (lit. clear, precise) neat, cool

чокнутый - barmy, crazy, screwy, dotty

Что ты несеш? - ’What are you drivelling about?’

чувак - buddy, kiddo

чушь - garbage, rubbish, lies, worthless or stupid ideas

чушь собачья - (lit. dog mess/crap) -- bullshit X

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Ш

шарить - (lit. to grope, to sweep) to have a good understanding of something

Шевелись! - (lit. to stir, to move) ’Shake a leg!’ ’Move it!’

ширяться - to shoot up, to get a fix, to inject drugs

шишка - (lit. pine cone, shishka) a big shot, a VIP, someone of great importnace

шмотки - clothes, getup, duds

шнурки в стакане - (lit. the lace is on the glass) teen slang from the eighties meaning ’the parents are at home’

штука - (lit. item, thing) 1000 roubles

Сленг ( slang ) на букву Я

я в осадке - (lit. ’I’m in the sediment’) ’I’m shocked,’ ’I’m suprised’

Я не въезжаю - I don’t dig it, I don’t get it, I don’t understand

яйца - (lit. eggs) balls, nuts X

ящик - (lit. trash bin) idiot box, boob tube, TV set

Добавлено (31 Август 2008, 22:22)
---------------------------------------------
dad/daddy - папа, папочка, батяня

dare say - полагать, думать, верить, предполагать: Paul is a very hot-temper guy. Today he is blue and unhappy but I dare say he will be smiling about this tomorrow.— Пол ярко выраженный холерик. Сегодня он несчастен и грустит, а завтра, бьюсь об заклад, будет над всем этим смеяться.

dark horse - "темная лошадка".

deadbeat - халявщик: You'll never pay me cause you're a deadbeat! — Ты мне никогда не заплатишь, потому что ты халявщик!

dead duck - "дохлый номер": Your version is a dead duck, Michael.— Твой вариант — дохлый номер.

deadpan - с каменным выражением лица, без эмоций: The news was really shocking but she was sitting still deadpan.— Новость была, действительно, шокирующей, но она продолжала сидеть с каменным выражением лица.

demo - сокращенно от "demonstration".

dick - член, penis.

die away/down - замирать, затихать, затухать: The sound of music died away.— Звуки музыки постепенно замерли.

die out - вымирать: Dinos all have died out.—Динозавры все уже вымерли.

dig - 1. нравиться, любить: You dig, man? — Тебе это как, понравилось, парень?; 2. въезжать (понимать): I don't dig it. Что-то я не въезжаю во все это. 3. секс: Guys say she is an easy dig.— Ребята поговаривают, что она трахается, как швейная машинка Зингера; 4. археологические раскопки или открытие.

dig in - 1. (воен.) окапываться: The very fucking place where we must dig in.— Вот то самое чертово место, где мы должны окопаться; 2. уходить с головой в работу или учебу: John dug in and passed all quickly.—Джон засел за учебу (окопался, одним словом), ушел с головой и все быстро сдал; 3. приступать к еде: O'kay, guys. Dig in,— Ну, ребятки, навались.

dig out (dig up) - откапывать (отыскивать): Ковбои Билл и Джон встречаются утром на дороге и обмениваются новостями: Did you dig your sled out? — Ну как, нашел свой молот?

dino - динозавр, сокращенно от "dinosaurs".

dish the dirt - перемывать кости, распускать слухи: Jesus, Sally! It's not like you to dish the dirt all the city around! — Боже. Салли! Это так на тебя не похоже: распускать сплетни по всему городу!

do a job on - напортачить, делать в падлу, подложить свинью: My little sister did a job on my textbook! — Моя младшая сестренка постаралась! Посмотри на мой учебник!

do away with - 1. положить конец, остановить: The city authority decided to do away with overhead wires.— Городские власти решили покончить с висящими над головами проводами; 2. укокошить, грохнуть: Gang band did away with its contestants.— Банда расправилась со своими конкурентами.

doc - сокращенная форма от "doctor" (доктор).

do in - 1. разрушать: His business was done in.— Его дело рухнуло (прогорело); 2. убивать; 3. выдыхаться: They were too done in to carry on the contest.— Они были слишком истощены борьбой, чтобы продолжать соревнование.

do one's thing/do a thing - проворачивать в лучшем виде, иметь успех: Three or more hundreds teenagers came to hear the Beatles do their things in Top Ten club.— Три сотни, а то и больше тинэйджеров пришли послушать, как "Битлз" отрываются в клубе "Ton Ген".

do up - 1. подготавливать, чистить, прибирать, мыть: Jane asked her mum to do up her dress.—Джейн попросила маму приготовить ее вечернее платье; 2. приводить в порядок (волосы): Jane's sister helped to do up her hair.— Сестра помогла Джейн уложить волосы; 3. одеть, упаковать: And Jane was done up in her fine new dress with a wonderful hairdo.— И вот наша Джейн стоит вся упакованная, как картинка, в своем новом красивом платье с обалденной прической.

doen - don't.

dog - разочаровавшее вас свидание или трудный экзамен: My math exam was a dog.— Мой экзамен по математике — это было что-то. My date with Jane was a dog too.— Мое свидание с Джейн было таким же.

don't wash your dirty linen in public - "не выносить сор из избы"

don't count your chickens before they're hatched - "делить шкуру неубитого медведя".

dope out - доказывать, докапываться, дознаваться, вычислять: Alex tried to dope out why the man was murdered.— Алекс пытался докопаться, почему же убили этого человека.

down on - злой, сердитый: Mick was down on his teacher/or a low grade.— Мик разозлился на учителя из-за плохой оценки.

dreamboat - симпатичный представитель мужского либо женского пола.

drive the porcelain bus - когда кто-то так перепил и его так мутит, что никак не обойтись без того, чтобы не сходить в туалет и не обнять унитаз

drop a line - черкнуть строчку, написать пару слов: Well, and if you have a time, please, drop me a line. — И если у тебя будет время, обязательно напиши мне.

drop back - отступать, пятиться: And then we dropped back before a new charlies'attack.— И затем мы отошли перед новой атакой "чар-ли"

drop dead - (грубо) утихнуть, заткнуться, перестать шуметь: Drop dead!— Тихо! Умолкли!

drop in - заскочить, забежать, заглянуть: They two were just sitting down to dinner when Uncle Billy dropped in.— Они оба только засели за обед, когда неожиданно заглянул дядюшка Билли.

drop off - подбросить (на автомобиле, к примеру): Mick asked the teacher to drop him off at the gym hall on his way downtown.— Узнав. что учитель едет в город, Мик попросил подкинуть его до спортивного зала.

drop out - (ударение на out) выбывать, вылетать, уходить, прекращать: In the middle of the match Mick got a blister on his foot and had to drop out.— В середине матча Мик натер мозоль на ноге и вынужден был выйти из игры.

drop out - (ударение на drop) недоучка, кто не прошел полный курс обучения: Although Will was a high school drop-out, yet he became a big.— И хотя высшую школу Вилл так и не потянул, тем не менее он многого добился в жизни.

duck soup - раз плюнуть, плевое дело: For me this is a duck soup.—Для меня это плевое дело

dude - "редиска", придурок, козел, лох, малой, калич, чувак, хрыч, лопух, бамбук, болван, чувырло, крест, бревно, муфлон, фуфло, чудо в перьях, баран, дурилка картонная, дубина, шизик, идиот, ненормальный, педик, чудак, дурак, кретин, "старый плавучий чемодан", тормоз, сынок, сыняра, франт, башмак, урод, шнурок, боец, отморозок, "зелень", салабон, сосунок, сопляк, салага, крейзи, желторотый и т.д. и т.п.: Hey, dude! — Привет, чувырло!

dumb bunny - козел отпущения, "тряпка": Jackson turned to be guilty. He is always a dumb bunny! — А виноватым оказался Джексон, постоянный козел отпущения!

dunno - разговорный вариант от "don't know".

dutch treat - "поведение по-голландски", каждый платит за себя: We accept your invitation, but I think it will have to be Dutch teat.—Но думаю, что это должно быть по-голландски.

Добавлено (31 Август 2008, 22:26)
---------------------------------------------
about time - в конце концов, наконец-то: It's about time you got up, Johnney! — Наконец-то, Джонни, ты встал

about to - 1. около, близко, почти: They were about to leave when Bill has come.— Они собирались уже уходить, когда явился Билл; 2. иметь намерение, собираться: You know, the boss was not about to give any of his staff.— Знаешь, босс даже и не собирался выделять мне своих людей.

abra-cadabra - абракадабра.

AC/DC - бисексуальный.

асе - 1. братан, лучший друг. 2. асе - обставлять, вдувать, утереть нос, обходить: These, fucking guys aced me! Эти ребятки обошли меня!

acid head - наркот, наркоман: Do you know Jimmy? — Jimmy? This acid head? Sure! I know him! — Ты знаешь Джимми?—Джимми? Этого наркота? Конечно же, знаю.

acid rock - "кислотная" рок-музыка

action - в центре событий, на гребне, на волне, в гуще.

action man - герой, крутизна, профи.

actually - "в натуре": I don't know actually.— В натуре, я этого не знаю.

act up - плохо себя вести, барахлить, делать не то: The engine acts up.— Мотор что-то барахлит

add fuel to the flame - "подбросить дровишек", "подлить масла в огонь", усугубить: By jumping on John Beth's father only added fuelto the flame of his daugliter's love to thisguy.—Постоянными "наездами "на Джона отец Бэт лишь только подливал масло в огонь любви своей дочери к этому парню.

add insult to injury - добавлять, усугублять, доканывать:In the beginning of the exercise there was a big storm, then to add insult to injury our vehicle broke down. — Вначале пошел зверский ливень, а потом вдобавок наша машина еще разбилась...

after while - пока, чао, привет, арриведерчи, гудбай: After while, crocodile,— прощается Мик с Джоном.

against time - 1. наперегонки со временем, с самим собой, как можно быстрей, на пределе скорости, то бишь когда нет другого соперника: It was a race against time whether the sergeant would get to the scene of the accident soon enough.—И теперь это был лишь вопрос времени, как быстро сержант успеет к месту происшествия; 2. тянуть время, заговаривать зубы: Now the outlaw talked against time with the comissar hoping that some wonder would come to save him.— Теперь задержанный тянул время, стараясь заговорить комиссара и надеясь, что некто придет и выручит его.

Ah - это то же самое, что и I (я).

ahead of the game - 1. во главе, быть первым, быть лучшим: The experience you've gotten over here will put you ahead of the game in college.— Тот запас знаний, что вы приобрели в нашей школе, поставит вас в первые ряды колледжа, куда вы поступите"; 2. заранее, до того: If I get my lessons too far ahead of the game I would forget everything what I read. - Если я заранее начну готовить свои уроки, то потом забуду все, что читал

ain't - не, нет: "I ain't gonna cry no more. — Я не буду больше плакать. В основном использовалась чернокожим населением США, но благодаря музыкантам фраза перекочевала в разговорный язык остальных жителей Америки и не только. Полностью и грамматически правильно фраза звучит как I am not going to cry. Соответственно если множественное лицо They are not (aren't) going to cry. В сокращенном варианте во всех лицах и родах применяется ain't.

all but - почти.

all ears - "ушки на макушке": Come on, Mick, tell me your story. I'm all ears.—Давай же, Мик, рассказывай! Я весь во внимании.

all eyes - "с квадратными глазами" (от удивления, восхищения, любопытства): At their first presence at the Stanley Cup Mick and John were all eyes. — В первый раз попав на "Кубок Стэнли ", Мик и Джон сидели, пожирая все глазами.

all shook up - шухер, суета: Why on Earth you are so shook up? — Какого черта вы так все суетитесь?

all right (alright) - все в порядке, порядок! все о'кэй: That's alright, Johnney! Don't worry! — Все нормально, Джонни! Не волнуйся!

all wet - ошибочный, неправильный: They were all wet — Все они ошибались

ambish - ambition.

Americano - американец.

ammo - амуниция (любая).

ants in one's pants - "как на иголках": During the match Jane's got ants in her pants shouting and twisting all over.— Во- время матча Джейн словно на иголках сидела. Она крутилась и вопила как сумасшедшая.

armo - вооружение, производное от "armored".

apple pie order - в ажуре, порядок: When they came back everything was in apple-pie order.— Когда они вернулись, то все уже было в ажуре, комната была прибрана.

around the clock - "все 24 часа в сутки".

around the corner - не за горами, вот-вот, на подходе: I've got a feeling there's another adventure for us just around the corner. — У меня такое ощущение, что нас ждет еще одно приключение, и оно уже не за горами

as luck would get it - по воле случая, на авось, наудачу, пусть все идет, как идет: As luck would have it no one was over there when the explosion occurred.— По счастливой случайности во время взрыва там никого не оказалось

as the crow flies - по прямой, напрямую: This city is seven miles by the road but it is only two as the crow flies.—До города по дороге миль семь будет, но по прямой — это где-то около двух миль всего

ass - задница, козел, все оскорбительные обзывалки великого русского языка уложились в одно-единственное слово: There're only ass holes around.— Все козлы

ass hole, arse (hole), butt (hole) - ass.

at bay - в тупике, без выхода: The police chased the maniac to a roof where they held him at bay.— Полиция загнала маньяка на крышу, больше ему было некуда бежать.

at any rate - в любом случае, по-всякому: At any rate it was not too expensive. Во всяком случае это не слишком дорого.

at death's door - на пороге смерти, на волосок от гибели: The sergeant seemed to be at the death's door.— Казалось, что сержант был на волосок от смерти.

at ease - (воен.) "вольно!", удобство: Аt ease! — Вольно!

at first blush - с первого взгляда, поначалу, по первому впечатлению:At first blush the offer looked good.— На первый взгляд предложение выглядело заманчивым

at sea - "растерянность, ступор, конфуз, незнание, что делать дальше": Situation was difficult. John was at sea.— Ситуация складывалась непростая. Джон не знал, что делать.

at sixes and sevens - кто в лес, кто по дрова, куча мала, беспорядок.

at the tip of one's tongue - "на кончике языка", почти уже сказанный.

Sevmek Seni Seviyorum Demek Değil... Seni Seviyorum Derken Titremektir

VisneDate: Понедельник, 22 Декабря 2008, 00:08 | Message # 2
Остаюсь с вами
Рег.: 17 Августа 2008
Из:
Замечания: 0%
спасиб.... интересно почитать)) много интресных выражений :)

Kuzu-kuzuDate: Вторник, 17 Февраля 2009, 19:43 | Message # 3
Şımarık
Рег.: 03 Февраля 2009
Из: Ukraine
’I’m suprised’
respect

Mel-sportDate: Вторник, 17 Февраля 2009, 20:13 | Message # 4
SUNNY BABY
Рег.: 23 Декабря 2006
Из:
rofl rofl rofl rofl

I NEED YOU!!!

Мир Востока ~Al Hayat~ الحياة » Языки » ~ Английский язык (English) ~ » Сленг - slang (Интересно почитать))))
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:
Посетители за сутки:

Статистика Форума
Последние темы Популярные темы Активные пользователи Новые пользователи

Мила

8740 постов

Al-Hayat

5814 постов

esmergul

5743 постов

serge